Saturday 7th October 2017
11am – 1:45pm
Registration 11am. Conference starts at 11.30am sharp
Venue: Teesside University Student’s Union, Middlesbrough, TS1
The Twisterella Conference is ALL AGES and FREE ENTRY*
Are you an aspiring musician? Would you like to receive advice and feedback from music industry professionals? If so, the Twisterella (Un)Conference is for you.
Our aim is to provide you with great advice so that you are able to get the guidance you need to get your music the exposure it deserves.
Our panellists this year include:
· Vic Galloway (BBC Radio Scotland // BBC Radio 6 Music)
· Rianne Thompson (BBC Tees Introducing // Amazing Radio)
· Claire Dupree (NARC. Magazine)
· Michael Lambert (A Modern Way Management – Fatherson, Roddy Woomble, Tom Joshua etc)
· Ross Lewis (Immediate Audio // Tour Manager for James Bay)
· Julian Ive (The Cluny)
· Joe Coates (Please Please You – Promoter in York & Leeds)
· Scott Lewis (Clue Records)
Registration & Coffee: 11am – 11:30am
Session 1: Getting noticed / Establishing a presence / Kicking on (11.30am – 12pm)
• We’ll be discussing basic PR, getting gigs, establishing a presence, music industry etiquette, basic expectations, how to get radio play and other dos and don’ts that will help you develop a presence in the wider region.
Session 2: Standing out and breaking out! (12.10pm – 12.40pm)
• With competition greater than ever, how can you stand out from the crowd?
Session 3: A&R (12:50pm—1:30pm)
• Get your track heard by the panel. Are you brave enough?!
• The panel will give feedback on submitted tracks. They will consider aspects such as:
• Is the quality of the recording good enough to gain airplay? Is there anything that might prevent this particular track getting airplay? Could parts of a track be used for syncing, etc?
• This part of the conference is not about whether a track is good or bad, but it is designed to give the acts feedback from industry professionals on how they might look to develop things as they move forward.
Important note: This is not some sort of grotesque X-Factor style “rate them and slate them” session. The aim of this session is to provide constructive feedback only. Acts who came along last year achieved national radio play off the back of attending this session. If you’re in a local band, this is absolutely unmissable. See you there!
Track submissions for the A & R panel must be sent to the Twisterella team in advance via our contact page.
* Please note: Twisterella Festival is a separate 18+ ticketed event.
Recap of 2014’s (Un)Conference: http://whistlinginthedark.com/2014/10/12/twisterella-unconference-advice-for-musicians-2101